Grow Mindfully provides mindfulness programs to schools and their communities. The programs are based on the Mindful Schools Curriculum, and their benefits can include:
- Focus and concentration (necessary especially with the increasing use of technology
- Increased self-awareness (Recognizing emotions)
- Improved impulse control (Creating Space!)
- Reduced Stress (Ability to calm down when upset)
- Empathy (for self and others)
Mindfulness programs are presented in-class for a minimum of 16 lessons over the course of 8 weeks (20 minute sessions twice a week). In addition to the direct instruction sessions, the program includes mindfulness bells for each class, workbooks for students, and classroom manuals for teachers that help extend the lessons into the everyday classroom interactions.
Teacher and parent training can be included in the package.
Like Mindful Schools, Grow Mindfully is deeply committed to a thoroughly secular approach to mindfulness practice. We are dedicated to integrating mindfulness in education in a way that neither advances nor inhibits the religious beliefs (or non-beliefs) of educators or students.
Lesson Titles include:
- Mindful Bodies
- Mindful Listening
- Mindfulness of Breathing
- Sending Kind Thoughts
- Body Awareness
- Mindful Seeing
- Mindful Movement & Walking
- Kind and Caring on the Playground
- Mindful Eating
- Mindfulness of Thoughts
- Mindful Test Taking
- Mindfulness of Emotions